Oak Park Area Arts Council
Off the Wall
2022 Summer Teen Arts Employment Program
Due: Friday, April 29, 2022
Tips on completing the Off the Wall application
- You must be a resident of Oak Park, Forest Park or River Forest.
- Think carefully about who you want to choose for a reference. It should be an adult (NOT a relative). It should be someone who knows your character and your interest in the arts.
- Submit the application on time. Late applications will be considered last.
What is it: A teen and young adult apprentice program in the visual arts.
Visual: Team of apprentices work with professional artists to produce a public art mural. Apprentices will learn the importance of collaboration, team building and responsibility while working to complete a major art project on time.
Off the Wall dates and times:
June 13-Aug 8, 2022
Monday through Friday
10:00 am-3 pm
Apprentices earn $10.00 per hour, 25 hours a week for 8 weeks based on your fulfilling work expectations: punctuality, attitude, behavior, productivity.
Off the Wall employment requirements:
- 16-22 years old
- Tri-village resident (Oak Park, Forest Park, River Forest)
- Talent and/or serious interest in visual arts and working on a large scale public art mural. Note, this will be an outdoor installation that will take place from mid July to Early August. The weather will be hot and sunny.
- Must be able to attend entire program. Off the Wall is a summer job. We will NOT be able to accommodate vacation time off during the program. Every apprentice who is hired must be able to work the entire 8 weeks.