Oak Park Area Arts Council
Off the Wall
2019 Summer Teen Arts Employment Program
Due: Friday, April 26, 2019
Tips on completing the Off the Wall application
- You must be a resident of Oak Park, Forest Park or River Forest.
- Think carefully about who you want to choose for a reference. It should be an adult (NOT a relative). It should be someone who knows your character and your interest in the arts.
- Submit the application on time. Late applications will be considered last.
What is it: A teen and young adult apprentice program in the visual arts.
Visual: Team of apprentices work with professional artists to produce a public art mural. Apprentices will learn the importance of collaboration, team building and responsibility while working to complete a major art project on time.
Off the Wall dates and times:
June 10-August 2, 2019
Monday through Friday
10:00 am-3 pm
Apprentices earn $8.25 per hour, 25 hours a week for 8 weeks based on your fulfilling work expectations: punctuality, attitude, behavior, productivity.
Off the Wall employment requirements:
- 16-22 years old
- Tri-village resident (Oak Park, Forest Park, River Forest)
- Talent and/or serious interest in visual arts and working on a large scale public art mural. Note, this will be an outdoor installation that will take place from mid July to Early August. The weather will be hot and sunny.
- Must be able to attend entire program. Off the Wall is a summer job. We will NOT be able to accommodate vacation time off during the program. Every apprentice who is hired must be able to work the entire 8 weeks.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER — The Oak Park Area Arts Council does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, veteran status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.